Otolaryngology management, billing, and coding have changed much in recent years. Due in part to the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the ICD-9 to ICD-10 migration, and other influencing factors, many practices have decided to outsource ENT billing or bring on a healthcare consultant to help them get on track. For those who want to keep their billing department in-house, the best way to keep up with the growing demands of the healthcare industry is to work with professional services to provide medical coding education, authorization training, and claims submission support. MD Pro Solutions offers specialized services for Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) practices and clinics to provide them with the best return on investment possible for in-house billing and coding.
Why Training is Important
When you provide your staff with the training and support that they need to succeed, you ensure that they have the skills necessary to get the job done right. The more you can do to reduce or eliminate rejected and denied claims; the more steady your cash flow will be to help you grow and expand your practice. Revenue is needed to ensure that you are providing the best quality patient care and customer service. Otolaryngology management, billing, and coding play an essential role in making sure that payments from insurance providers are received in a regular and timely manner.
Other benefits associated with training can include:
- reduced overhead for staff retention – employees are more loyal to a practice that invests in their education and training; medical practices can retain staff instead of having to hire new employees that are better trained in the latest requirements
- improved morale and attitude – when employees are confident in their ability to get the job done, it establishes an environment where everyone is more motivated, positive, and excited about the work that is being completed
- increased efficiency across the board – when the billing department receives all of the coding and authorization training that they need, the rest of the office will run a lot smoother providing more efficient and effective services in every department
- better productivity and results – staff that is properly trained by a professional healthcare consultant will be much more productive on a daily basis; all employees require more ongoing education to ensure that they are current with skills
- happier and more satisfied patients – when the staff is appropriately trained and everything is running as it should from the front desk staff all the way through billing, it shows; patients will be happier and more satisfied with the services they receive
Hire a Healthcare Consultant
At MD Pro Solutions, we understand the importance of fostering staff development and creating a supportive environment. When employees know that the physician or administrator appreciates the work that they do enough to invest in training for Otolaryngology management, billing and coding, they are more effective. Everyone wants to feel valued and respected, but with so many offices switching to outsource ENT billing, underperforming billing departments have every right to be concerned. Alleviate their concerns and give them the tools they need to be more successful.
Some of the educational services we provide for our clients include:
- authorization training, testing, and screening
- ICD-10 education, support, and training
- online training and testing for your staff
- education and assistance in establishing patient financial policies
- development and implementation of practice policy manuals
- online coding help, including CPT with RVU global days and CCI edits
- online coding help, including ICD-9 and ICD-10 cross-links
- support to prevent billing inaccuracies, fraud, and eliminate rejected claims
When you hire a healthcare consultant through MD Pro Solutions, we can help you enhance the services that you provide to your patients and ensure that your billing department has everything they need to do their job more effectively and efficiently. If you would like to learn more about the services available through MD Pro Solutions, give us a call at 508-946-1665. Our operators can answer any questions that you have about training and support for Otolaryngology management, billing, and coding, as well as provide details about how to outsource ENT billing on a temporary or full-time basis.